This newly created position at Squirrels is responsible for working with product managers, software engineers, quality assurance analysts, trainers and documentation staff to research, learn and document Squirrels applications. A thorough understanding of these applications is critical. You must be detail-oriented with exceptional writing, research and organizational abilities.
This position will work with and support not only Squirrels' consumer software but also the complex technologies this software is built on. You will be documenting complex APIs and SDKs to give engineers and developers a thorough and deep understanding of the technology.
The senior technical writer will participate in, and potentially facilitate, meetings to capture notes and requirements to document changes to current software, processes and procedures. It requires demonstrated ability to explain complex and highly technical information in a clear and concise manner and the ability to work collaboratively with both technical and non-technical resources to successfully complete assignments.
- Work with the owners of technical knowledge and subject matter experts to collect information that is relevant to end users for their successful configuration and operation of Squirrels products including complex APIs and SDKs
- Write and maintain help articles, manuals, reference guides and other end-user support material
- Write and maintain internal product guides and project requirements
- Perform thorough research and analysis to develop mastery of Squirrels products and processes
- Participate in the build-out and continued maintenance of educational websites and help databases by developing knowledge-base articles
- Work with trainers to develop high-quality, well-written presentations for use in face-to-face and virtual training courses
- Design, develop, build and publish online help systems
- Script, record and edit instructional videos
- Organize and present content in a manner that meets the needs of the intended audience, as well as the output required, i.e., online help/web content, hard copy, video
- Comply with quality standards for well-organized, clear, accurate and complete end-user documentation and instructional materials
- Adhere to departmental requirements regarding project tracking and publication of end-user documentation
- Develop other product and client information as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Instructional Design, Computer Science or Education, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in developing guides, online help and educational materials for a software company
- Intermediate to advanced skill level with Microsoft Word, with a strong understanding of styles
- Exemplary writing skills
- Experience with online help development tools
- Attention to detail, particularly with completing processes and verifying functionality
- Ability to deal with the challenges of a high-energy environment where there are frequent changes and additions to products
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees
- Ability to grasp and document highly technical concepts, theories and ideas
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule and meet deadlines, and take initiative to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision in complex situations
- Understanding of multiple programming languages
- An understanding of APIs and SDKs
|Career Level Required
||North Canton, OH
Squirrels is a software-development company that specializes in wireless audio and video transmission. Our technology is used worldwide in more than 100,000 classrooms and millions of homes and businesses. Popular products include Reflector, ClassHub, Ditto and AirParrot.
That’s just a quick overview. There’s so much more to know about Squirrels.