Squirrels is seeking a hardworking and passionate QA tester with technical experience to join its Quality Assurance team. This position will work with our OEM development team to ensure software releases are of the highest quality. The QA tester is responsible for more than just testing the software. They will act as a quality champion and empower teams to create high-performing and functional products. They will act entrepreneurially to try unhappy paths and champion performance testing. The ideal candidate will be able to leverage the combination of automated and manual testing to efficiently cover the products’ functionality without compromising quality. They should be comfortable working in a constantly changing work environment and be fully dedicated to an “automate everything” principle.
- Ensure every feature developed by the OEM team is tested
- Blend automated and manual testing to efficiently cover the products’ functionality without compromising quality
- Feed the team with organized and detailed documentation on any defects found and help the Project Manager and Product Owner prioritize defects
- Strive to automate and maintain comprehensive test documentation with a continuous improvement mindset
- Work with developers to run tests in production environments after deployment to ensure quality
- Partner with development teams to identify key areas of risk in new solutions
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and standards in testing
- Actively collaborate to provide clarifications and problem solve with QA and OEM team members
- Two to five years of experience in software QA or relevant fields
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux, ChromeOS, macOS, iOS and Android platforms
- Experience communicating with sales, customer support and development teams to document and resolve issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Experience in application- or web-based automation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort operating both independently and within a team environment
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with Jira/Zephyr or other defect-tracking software
- Android Studio experience
- A strong desire to learn and take on new and challenging opportunities
Squirrels is a software-development company that specializes in wireless audio and video transmission. Our technology is used worldwide in more than 100,000 classrooms and millions of homes and businesses. Popular products include Reflector, Ditto and AirParrot.
That’s just a quick overview. There’s so much more to know about Squirrels.