The director of development at Squirrels is the leader and direct supervisor of the core development team. In this position, your primary focus is providing support to the development team by managing team resources, priorities and timelines. This role requires an understanding of the development process as well as effective management practices.
You will work alongside developers, product owners, quality assurance and the leadership team to ensure the quality and timeliness of releases. We are looking for a leader with a passion for growing their team, producing high quality software and building scalable processes.
- Working with product owners and quality assurance to establish a technical product vision that enables and supports product feature roadmaps and efficient product development approaches
- Keeping the development team aligned with the company’s goals and highest priorities
- Working with product owners to schedule and organize the development team’s upcoming tasks
- Working with development team members, architects and team leaders to identify, try and implement process improvement ideas
- Ensuring consistent use of methodology, technology, code and other team practices
- Recommending, embracing and implementing new technology, tools and methodology as neededwithout causing undue overhead
- Providing support to and being a point of escalation for project teams when undertaking tasks within development phases
- Providing ongoing support to ensure the continued personal development of direct reports
- Performing employee performance reviews and assisting with professional development plans
- Assisting in the hiring and talent planning processes
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, architect and/or developer
- 3+ years of experience directly leading development teams, ideally multiple product development teams simultaneously
- Hands-on experience with multiple modern software development languages
- Experience with managing live software product development teams
- Familiarity and experience defining and implementing strong development team structures
- Proven track record establishing and measuring the success of software development best practices across development teams
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM or other software methodologies
- Experience communicating with C-level leaders
- Bachelor's in CS or similar
- Experience with project management duties on a software team
Squirrels is a software-development company that specializes in wireless audio and video transmission. Our technology is used worldwide in more than 100,000 classrooms and millions of homes and businesses. Popular products include Reflector, Ditto and AirParrot.
That’s just a quick overview. There’s so much more to know about Squirrels.