Last Updated: March 8, 2017
Please read the following privacy terms carefully. If you use Squirrels' ClassHub Products & Services or Squirrels' ClassHub website, you are deemed to agree and accept these terms even if you did not take any other specific action expressly indicating your acceptance of such terms. If you do not agree to these terms, please stop using Squirrels' ClassHub Products & Services and the ClassHub Website.
INTERNATIONAL USE & SAFE HARBOR STATEMENT
HOW AND WHEN INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Squirrels collects and uses the personal information that you proactively provide to us when you:
- Register an account with us to use any of our ClassHub Products & Services on a paid, free or trial basis;
- Register for any webinars, seminars or similar online programs or events hosted or sponsored by Squirrels;
- Enter any of our contests, sweepstakes or other promotions;
- Respond to any Squirrels surveys, emails, questionnaires or similar online forms
For ClassHub Products & Services, Squirrels will use the following means to collect some or all of the personal information from:
- Squirrel's integration with, and downloads from, a third party provider—e.g., Clever Inc., Google, Apple, or Microsoft;
- On possible limited occasions, directly from teachers, students, and/or end users (some of whom may be under the age of 13):
Through these means, Squirrels may collect some or all of the following information: first name; middle name; last name; email; date of birth; grade; name prefix; name suffix; photo; student number; teacher number; and student and/or teacher titles.
In addition, generally, you can browse through our ClassHub Website without providing us with any personal information about yourself. However, as you navigate through our ClassHub Website and/or use our ClassHub Products & Services, certain personal information, some anonymous, may be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies, unique IDs, Internet tags, web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, clickstream). Your internet browser automatically transmits some of this anonymous information, such as the URL of the website you just came from and the Internet Protocol (IP) address and the browser version your computer or mobile device is currently using; the date and time you access the ClassHub Website and the pages that you access while at the ClassHub Website.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER THIRD PARTIES
HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED
Squirrels uses the personal information we collect for our own general business purposes, which may include:
- to operate the ClassHub Products & Services and ClassHub Website we provide; to analyze, research, report on, maintain, develop, support, diagnose, and improve upon the ClassHub Products & Services and ClassHub Website we provide;
- to fulfill your requests and/or orders for certain ClassHub Products & Services, as well as administration services and support;
- to help facilitate the creation of your account; to identify you on our system; to keep you up-to-date on our latest product updates, announcements, notifications, and special offers.
- for research and data modeling purposes; to allow or improve operability and functionality within a classroom or school; to allow you to send us communications and inquiries, which may require a response from us; however, you may opt out of receiving these communications at any time (see "Choice/Opt-Out" below);
- to provide students, teachers, and Education Entities with information in furtherance of K–12 school purposes; and
- to personalize your experience with our ClassHub Products & Services;
Squirrels complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA") as to the use and disclosure of personal information. In addition Squirrels does not:
- use the personal information created or gathered through the use of its ClassHub Products & Services to engage in targeted advertising through the ClassHub Products & Services; or targeted advertising on any other site, service, or application;
- sell any personal information of a student pursuant to applicable laws.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- when you receive marketing and promotional communications from us by clicking the "unsubscribe" hyperlink and following the instructions;
- at any time by sending an email request to email@example.com (please indicate “Opt-Out" in the subject line); or
- by sending a written request to our address as provided below under the section titled "Contact Us" You may also stop the collection of personally identifiable information in connection with your use of our ClassHub Products & Services by stopping your use of them.
YOUR ABILITY TO REVIEW AND DELETE INFORMATION
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Generally, we retain personal information collected, generated, or inferred for as long as an account is active or as needed to provide the ClassHub Products & Services. If a contract exists between Squirrels and an Education Entity, we retain such personal information until the time period specified in a contract or, if it is not specific in the contract, we destroy the information when the information is no longer needed for the purpose of such contract. In addition, during the term of a contact between Squirrels and an Education Entity, if the contracting Education Entity requests us to remove a student's personal information collected, generated, or inferred as a result of the contract, we will destroy the information as soon as practicable after the date of the request unless we have the consent of the student or parent to retain the information. If there is a contract with an Education Entity, we will notify the Education Entity of the date upon which all of the personal information is destroyed.
Your personal information is protected for your privacy and security. Squirrels maintains a comprehensive information security program (including appropriate administrative, technological, and physical safeguards) that is consistent with industry standards and is designed to protect the security, privacy, confidentiality, and integrity of your personal information. Please be aware that, despite our reasonable efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us, and so we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, take advantage of multi-factor authentication features where available and make sure you use an up-to-date and secure browser.
THIRD PARTY SITES
If not, parents can simply contact us to revoke consent and request the deletion of personal information related to their Children.
Attention: ClassHub Privacy Support Team
121 Wilbur Dr. NE
North Canton, OH 44720